1008 Lingam Temple in SalemSalem, Tamil Nadu is a city of temples. The city has many beautiful, unique and historic temples which are famous all over the world. One of which is 1008 lingam temple. Located in Ariyanoor, a suburb of Salem city, 1008 Lingam Temple is one of the most beautiful temples in the country. It has 1007 shiv lingam, which surrounds the main temple of Shiva, and the main shiv linga in the center. It was created and now maintained by the private department of Vinayaka Mission.
The temple was constructed in 2010, by Vinayaka Mission, who is very much active in educational sector. The Vinayaka Mission has started and manages various colleges, who provide undergraduate and graduate studies in different fields.
About 1008 Lingam Temple:1008 Lingam Temple is located in Ariyanoor, which is a suburb of Salem city on a hillock near Kunjmaala. The temple is managed by a separate dept. of Vinayaka Mission. The temple was constructed in 2010. The temple has 1007 lingams which surrounds the main shiv temple, which has the 1008th lingam with the holy cow Nandi’s statue in front. For visiting the temple, you have to go on Sangagiri to Salem highway, just after crossing the institutions of Vinayaka Mission.
When you cross the gate of Temple, you can see an enormous statue of Ganesha at the foothills. The security guard is very helpful and guides you to the road you have to take for going on the top. You can take your vehicle to the top of the hillock, but if you walk you can enjoy the scenic surroundings and visit each lingam and offer your prayers. Every lingam is named after the thousand names of the Lord Shiva.
While walking or driving your vehicle to the top, you can also catch a glimpse of the Sangagiri Mountains. These mountains and the surrounding greenery create an ethereal sense of peace and serenity in your mind and soul. In addition of the lingams, the beautiful sculptures of Lord Muruga are interspersed in the area and are maintained very well by the administrators of the temple.
On the top of the hillock, you can see a magnificent and huge main statue of Sri Umaiyambigai Samedha Sri Arunachala Sundareswara. The height of lingam is said to be about 17 meters. The main statue is said to be the true jewel in the crown of the hillock. The temple management has provided all the facilities for the people. They have also allowed cameras and video cameras in the temple.
Attractions near the 1008 Lingam Temple:1008 lingam temple is located on a hillock near Salem city. You can pass 2-3 hours visiting this beautiful temple when you are visiting Salem as a tourist. In addition to that, you can also visit other tourist spots as they are near the temple. We have given a list of tourist spots and their approximate distance from the temple below for you.
- Poiman Karadu, 2.4 km from 1008 Lingam Temple
- Kurumpapatti Zoological Park, 2.4 km from 1008 Lingam Temple
- Yercaud, 3.6 km from 1008 Lingam Temple
- ISKCON Salem, Sri Sri Radha Gokulananda Temple, 10.0 km from 1008 Lingam Temple
- Kiliyur Falls, 14.4 km
- Big Lake, 22.7 km
Restaurants NearbyThe facility for the food and beverage is very important for the people are visiting any place. We are giving a list of restaurants which are near 1008 lingam temple. They provide all types of the cuisines and other food such as fast food, Indian and Chinese for the tourists.
- Scoope, 0.0 km from 1008 Lingam Temple
- Flakes, 0.0 km from 1008 Lingam Temple
- Star Plus Food Point, 1.5 km from 1008 Lingam Temple
- Barbie Queen Restaurant, 1.6 km from 1008 Lingam Temple
- Saravana Bhavan Salem, 2.4 km from 1008 Lingam Temple
- Royal Treat , Hotel Salem Castle India Salem, 2.4 km from 1008 Lingam Temple
- Shri Gupta Sweets Restaurant, 2.6 km from 1008 Lingam Temple
- Ponram Hotel, 2.6 km from 1008 Lingam Temple
- Argees Restaurant, 2.8 km from 1008 Lingam Temple
- Varsity, 2.9 km from 1008 Lingam Temple
- Hotel Sarathy, 3.1 km from 1008 Lingam Temple
- Golden Dragon Chinese Restaurant, 3.1 km from 1008 Lingam Temple
- The Salem Food Court, 3.1 km from 1008 Lingam Temple
- Abirami Mess, 3.5 km from 1008 Lingam Temple
- Just Like That, 3.8 km from 1008 Lingam Temple
- Hotel Triveni Vegetarian, 5.9 km from 1008 Lingam Temple
- Cinnamon, 6.0 km from 1008 Lingam Temple
Nearby Places to StayThere are many places such as hotels where you can stay, while you in the Salem. The hotels, where you can get accommodation are available in all price ranges and budgets. Most of them of very near to 1008 lingam Temple. The list of the hotels and the distance from 1008 lingam is as follows:
- Hotel Windsor Castle, 2.4 km from 1008 Lingam Temple
- AMR Evergreen Hotel, 2.6 km from 1008 Lingam Temple
- Hotel New, 2.8 km from 1008 Lingam Temple
- GRT Nature Trails Hotel, 3.5 km from 1008 Lingam Temple
- Hotel Cenneys Gateway, 4.4 km from 1008 Lingam Temple
- Grand Estancia, 5.8 km from 1008 Lingam Temple
Nearby Places to ShopThere are many places nearby where you can shop to your heart’s content.
- Om Sakthi Complex: 8.5 km
- Cristal Banin Complex: 8.7 km
- SPD Complex: 9 km
- Leigh Bazaar: 9.4 km
- Wholesale Market: 9.4 km