Aadhar Card in SalemAadhar Card can be defined as the all purpose social identity card in India. Also, known as the UID Card which is issued under the authority of Unique Identification Authority of India or UIDAI, it is launched by Indian Government to provide a unique social identity to any citizen in India. The Aadhar Card is unique for each individual and has twelve digit numbers for any person. The process of issuing Aadhar Card to any person uses many modern and scientific methods such as biometric information gathering. The process records various physical traits of any person such as the identifiers on the body and others which can be measured and identified.
The process also takes two elements in consideration which are behavioral and physiological characteristics. The physiological characteristics which are used include the face recognition, fingerprints, palm prints, DNA, iris recognition and hand geometry. The behavioral characteristics include gait and voice. In some centers, they also use some other factors for recording the behavioral and physiological characteristics elements.
The best thing about Aadhar Card is that it Unique, National and Permanent Record anywhere in India.
Methods of getting Aadhar Card in Salem
There are various methods to get Aadhar Card in Salem:
- There are some Aadhar card centers, where you can submit the application and do the necessary procedure for getting Aadhar card. One such center is as follows
It is not necessary that these centers are permanent. For more information, you should contact the concerned govt. department. The govt. also issues notices in various newspapers, when it is going to open a new center for the submission of the Aadhar card application.Aadhar Card Center
40 Brindavan Road
Opp. Polimer Channel
Salem - 636106
- Online Websites – If you do not want to wait for the opening of any center in your area, you can also visit online websites. You can either take the advance appointment or can fill up the form for Aadhar Card and complete the procedure as per instructions.
You can apply for Aadhar Card anywhere in the country. But, it is preferable to apply for the card at the place where you are staying. For example, if you are from Delhi, but you are staying in Salem due to your job since 2-3 years, it makes sense that you should apply for Aadhar Card in Salem.
Application procedure for getting Aadhar Card in Salem:
Documents which are required for Aadhar Card in Salem:
- Application form
- Address Proof
- Photo id Proof
Unique Identification Authority of India or UIDAI has published a list of documents, which are allowed for attachment with the Application form for verification purpose. This list has been published on the website of Unique Identification Authority of India or UIDAI. They are as follows –
List of documents for registration of Aadhar Card in Salem:
List of primary documents allowed for Personal Identity and Address Proof:
- Drivers License
- Pan Card
- Voter ID
- Photo Credit Card
- Arms License
- Kissan Photo Passbook
- PDS Photo Card or Ration Card
- Bank ATM Card with Photo
- Freedom Fighter Card with Photo
- ECHS or CGHS photo card
- Pensioner’s card with photo
- Address Card issued by the department of Posts, which have your name and photo
- ID Card issued by any recognized educational institution which has your photo
- NREGS job card with your photo
- Photo ID cards issued by Government
- Certificate of identity issued by Group A Gazette Officer on Letterhead which has your photo
List of secondary documents allowed for Address Proofs:
- Post office account statement or passbook
- Insurance Policy
- Registered rent or lease of sale agreement
- Landline phone bill (It should not be older than 3 months or latest)
- Electricity bill (It should not be older than 3 months or latest)
- Credit card statement (It should not be older than 3 months or latest)
- Receipt of Property tax (It should not be older than 3 months or latest)
- Water bill (It should not be older than 3 months or latest)
- Address certificate issued by MP, MLA or Gazette Officer of Group A Reg.
When all your documents are ready, you have to visit Aadhar Card Enrollment Center, which is located near your place in Salem. You can also take the help of volunteers who are there to give you help for the process of submission of Aadhar Card.
Procedure of submission of Aadhar Card documents:
When it is your turn to submit the Aadhar Card application, the officials will take your picture, iris scan and finger prints on the spot. This is the part of the process, where they will feed your information into the database. After feeding your information in the database, you will get the temporary slip as the acknowledgement. The temporary slip will have your enrollment number.
Your work is finished after the submission of the documents. The authorities will confirm and verify your details regarding its authenticity and they will dispatch your Aadhar Card with the unique number to your address.