Driving License in Salem
Types of Driving License in India
This is a temporary license which is valid up to 6 months from the date of issue which is mainly to learn motorcycle driving.
Learners Driving License:
This license is issued after thirty days from the date of issue of learners license if the individual becomes eligible for it. A permanent license holder must have the knowledge of traffic rules and regulations, vehicle system and driving. It requires Rs. 240 to issue.
Permanent Driving License:
Categories of Permanent License:
This license is issued when the original license is lost, stolen or damaged. The particulars that are needed to be verified by the authority are FIR of the lost license, clearance report of chalan from RTA office (in case if someone is renewing commercial license) and LLD application form. It needs the permission of Head Quarter of Transport Department if the license is lost or becomes invalid by more than 6 months. It needs Rs.165 to issue.
Duplicate Driving License:
The legality of this license is 1 year. While applying for it, one needs to submit address proof, birth certificate, valid visa and passport. It requires Rs.500 to procure it. Within 1 year the person has to collect this license after visiting the country.
International Driving License:
Two Wheeler License:Regional Transport office issues this and permits to drive bike, scooter etc.
This license allows driving rickshaws, autos, taxi, jeep, motor cars etc.
Light Motor Vehicle License:
This license is issued to drive buses, trucks, cranes, good carriages, tourist coaches etc. An HMV license holder can drive light motor vehicles but a LMV license holder cannot do so.
Heavy Motor Vehicle License:
Eligibility for a Permanent Driving License in Salem:
- The minimum age to drive a private motor vehicle must be 18 years.
- One must have a valid learners license.
- One must apply after 30 days and within 180 days from the date of issue of learners license.
- One should be at least 20 years of old and a learners license holder to drive commercial vehicles. And must have clear knowledge of traffic rules and regulations.
Documents Required for Driving License in Salem
- Date of Birth.
- Place of birth.
- Learners license
- Vehicle with records
- Application in Form 4
- If applicant does not possess the vehicle, then consent letter is needed of the vehicle owner.
- Passport sized photo
Validity: License is valid up to 20 years. But, commercial driving license is valid up to 3 years.
Documents for Learners License in Salem:
- Form 1 and 2
- Age Proof
- Address Proof
- Medical Certificate Form 1-A for Transport License
- Passport Size Photographs (1 copy)
Motor Cycle with Gear - Rs.60 with Service Tax
Light Motor Vehicles - Rs.60 with Service Tax
Both MCWG, LMV - Rs.90 with Service Tax
Validity: License is valid for 6 Months.
Documents for International Driving License in Salem:
- Form IDPL
- Driving License.
- Valid Passport and Visa.
- Address Proof
- Passport Size Photographs (3 copies)
Fee of Rs.1000 plus Service Tax.
Validity: License is valid for 1year.
Documents for Duplicate Driving License in Salem
- Application and Intimation of loss or destruction of driving license in Form LLD.
- Details of Driving License.
- Police Certificate (in case of theft).
- Passport size photos (2 copies).
Fee of Rs.330 with Service Tax for transport vehicle.
Fee of Rs.280 with Service Tax for Non Transport Vehicle.
Time limit to get Duplicate Driving License: 15 days.
Documents required for Endorsement of Driving License in Salem:
- Valid driving license
- Age must be above or equal to 20 years and 1 year experience in LMV & Badge for transport vehicle.
- Application in Form 8, Form 5 and Form 15.
- Valid Learner's License
- Required documents of vehicle in which applicant wants to appear for competence test for drive (For example- Insurance Certificate, Registration Certificate, Tax Card, Fitness Certificate in case of Transport Vehicle, Pollution under Control Certificate,).
- If applicant don’t have his own vehicle then need to bring consent letter from vehicle owner.
- Passport size photo (3 copies)
Fees Details: Fee of Rs.300 plus Service Tax
Time limit for to get Driving License: Same day.
Documents Required for Renewal of Driving License:
- Form 9
- Driving License.
- For physical fitness, Application-cum-declaration is needed as in Form 1.
- Medical Certificate Form 1-A.
- Passport Size Photos (3 copies)
- For Transport Vehicle - Rs.300 plus Service Tax
- For Non Transport Vehicle - Rs.350 plus Service Tax
Online Driving License Procedure:Government of Tamil Nadu announced issuance of driving license online for those who spend time visiting RTO offices and waiting there for long time. People registering for online driving license or LLR should note down the number and then visit the RTO offices after passing online initial tests and payment of fees. Another plus point is the applicant can opt for date and time on which he should visit RTO office.
Zonal Office in Salem:
Deputy Transport Commissioner,
Salem - 636005.
Phone No: 0427 244 8234
Fax No: 0427 233 1599
Email Id: dtcslm.nic.in
Regional Transport Offices in Salem:
Salem - 636201.
Registration Code: TN54
Phone No: 0427 2280244
Email Id: email@example.com
Railway Station Backside,
Salem - 636102.
Registration Code: TN77
Phone No: 04282 251616
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thirumagal Bye Pass Road,
Salem - 636005.
Registration Code: TN30
Phone No: 0427 227 4440
Email Id: email@example.com